Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring





I haven't done anything with this in a while. Some good songs have come out, I guess, in that time. These are maybe some of them.

Titus Andronicus - "Theme From 'Cheers'"
I like this song. It's about being drunk and hating yourself. That stuff is stuff that I like. The Monitor is out now on XL. It's an album i enjoy.

Menya - "Sleepover"
I guess one of the girls in this group went to high school with someone I know? I'm not sure. They make hip-hop that's as much the Go! Team as it is R. Kelly. I think a lot of people who make blog dance music forgot that maybe R'n'B is cooler than most other things. Also, Menya aren't afraid to ape mainstream mall punk hooks, which actually is a somewhat bold (and effective) move. Their mixtape, The Sleepover Series (Vol. 1) is available for download for free at their Myspace.

Major Lazer - "Halo"
This is a cover of that Beyonce song. Remember how "Keep It Goin' Louder" was the summer party jam that never was? These guys are much better at doing conventional pop music than "expanding the limits of electronic dance music" or whatever. I, for one, can't wait until they stop fucking around and own MTV in a year.

Gayngs - "Faded High"
This is the music that plays in the background of every dream I have where I am on the beach, at sunset, driving in a convertible. I think one of the hook reminds me of that MGMT song that was at every party and on car commercials a year or so ago. Relayted is out now on Jagjaguwar.

No comments:

Post a Comment